Monday, December 10, 2007

My moment of the day

I have a dog. The dog is hairy. Therefore, I need a vacuum. I bought an old school vacuum with no hepa filter, just a bag and a hose. I figured there was less of a chance it would get clogged. So I take the vacuum out yesterday to use it and it has zero suction power.... I mean nothing. So I start pulling it apart to see what the issue is. I can't find (or feel anything) so I start to get pissed off. Let me add that I'd been in the house all day trying to write a paper, so I take the dog for a walk to cool my head before I throw the damn thing out the window. Or take it up to my neighbors to throw it out because I live on the first floor.

So after a short walk, I come back and my roommate says she's fixed it... no, it still has no suction. I'm annoyed but also determined not to have to buy a new vacuum. I start pulling this thing apart piece by piece. I'm pulling out tons of dog hair that was just stuck in the curve of the hose and then all of a sudden there's this noise.... I keep working at it and a quarter falls out. Yes a quarter! I didn't know that this vacuum had that much suction...

I'm telling my friend about this. And he says to me, and I'm quoting this "you have like 14 f*&%-ing masters degrees and you can't bend over and pick up the shiny thing on the floor?!? You know its not a good idea to try to suck up change in the vacuum"

Thanks ass, I know this. I was more annoyed that I needed to quarter to do laundry, but hey, at least I fixed the vacuum!

No comments: