Well, since I'm a dork my Paddy's weekend started with a Seamus Heaney poetry reading at the National Concert Hall in Dublin. I almost didn't go, but then someone reminded me he was old and could die, so this might be my last chance to see him.... talk about a depressing motivator. But it worked, I got there when they were announcing doors closing in 2 min.
The next day I met Sarah, Lucy, Lucy's bf and his friends (who's names at the moment evade me.... Matt, Spence and ??), and Maggie for the parade in Dublin. Now, I did not know the parade was themed. The Irish in their infinite wisdom don't really do parades like we do. Most of the marching bands were from the States, and the theme of the parade was energy. I wish I had known that before the parade, because to me it looked like a bunch of crazy costumed people running around (think Mardi Gras on LSD).
Then we headed up to Croke Park for the county finals of hurling and GAA football. I have to say, being in Croke park was loads of fun! We were 3 rows back from the field. There were about 32,000 people there. I'm sure if I could get tix to a big game it would be even more fun. I highly recommend going for the craic if you can and you're in Dublin.
I met Ciara and Damien in Dalkey after that for dinner and drinks. All the crazies were out but it was a good time!
Saturday, March 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment