Friday, April 4, 2008

Occupational Hazard

Last night Lucy and I went on the musical pub crawl of Dublin. I highly recommend this. The two musicians who take you around are very knowledgeable and play great songs. They play traditional stuff so don't expect to get a Black Velvet Band or Wild Colonial Boy, but bring a song with you to sing. They ask for it at the end...

Anyway, I'm at the bar getting a drink and I start talking with a man named Frank. Frank is a police officer from Thomas River New Jersey, knows the memorial, Police Week and his FOP sponsors 2 unity tour riders each year. He and his buddy are in town on vacation. Leave it to me to meet 2 cops from Jersey in Dublin.

And that's about all I have to say about that. The tour is good, pretty large too, about 40 people go so get the St. Goargtys in Temple Bar early. Its 10 euro and worth it. Oh, we stopped at the chip shop on the way home. I will miss decent chips when I get back to the states. Let me clarify: chips= a cross between potato wedges and fries, crisps = potato chips.

Now its time to study some more because finals are this week!

No comments: