Saturday, November 8, 2008
Holestone
So this weekend Kev took me somewhere I would never have known to go, the Holestone. Located out in the countryside in Antrim. Its a monolith from the Bronze Age and it sits in the middle of a field on a little hill. County rules folks, remember to close the gate as you are walking in someone's pasture. Inside there's a sign that tells you about the Holestone and the legend behind it. No one knows why the 10cm hole is cut into the middle of the stone, but it's believed to be a Celtic stone that people came to when they were looking for love and happiness. Tradition is that the woman sticks her hand through (don't worry, I checked for spiders before I did that) and then the man takes her had and by doing they are "married" or as Kev said, "you're stuck with me now love!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Barf Barf awwwww.
Yes, now that I have rediscovered your blog I will be stalking it daily.
Attack of the Lucy Fitzgerald Bullock Comments
Post a Comment